Tuesday, June 07, 2005
Company Policy
Even as I write this I wonder if there is anything wrong with blogging from work. I mean, I work 9 or more hours a day, typically only stopping for lunch. Aren't there labor laws that say a person is entitled to a break or two every day? I think I recall that from an American history class or something. Weren't mandatory breaks the result of Labor riots and subsequent reform during the Twenties? Is anybody else's recollection of history clearer than mine? Or maybe the mandatory breaks are only for people that actually labor during the day. My daily labor regimen consists of carrying my laptop to and from my car each day, with the occasional hauling of office supplies from our storage cupboard to my desk. I should check the company handbook and see what it says about our break policy. I bet if I asked my boss he'd say I could take a break as needed. Then I'd have a clean conscience about blogging at work. Not that I don't have a clean conscience, but that would give me a cleaner one. Or better yet...I could start a construction-related blog and get paid to blog. Who needs breaks with ideas like that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment