Sunday, February 17, 2008

The latest

Javin is sick again.  Poor guy.  He had croup a week and a half ago and we were able to manage it without having to go to the ER.  Yeah!  I knew, from lots of experience, that he would have a cold following croup for a week or more but his darn cough just wouldn't go away.  Finally I took him in to the doctor and I'm so glad I did ~ he's got RSV.  The doctor sent us home with a prescription for Albuterol and a nebulizer.  Little did I know that this treatment is basically a steroid.  Yikes! Drewelow boys are notorious for being the percentage that reacts STRONGLY to these medicines....and by strongly I mean, VERY hyper!  So, sleep hasn't come real easy lately for poor Javin but, thank God, he's sleeping now providing me just a short opportunity to write.  

We are in the middle of potty training Caleb and it's been an experience!  I caught him "painting" the side of the sink with poop yesterday (while sitting on the potty).  Today Jason caught him "painting", once again, only this time his easel was his bedroom wall.  No one's going to want to come to our house now! :)  Don't worry, we're disinfecting....everything!  Guess we won't be leaving said artist on the potty alone.  As for his room, I'm sure we'll figure something out.

On a happier note, Caleb was in the bathtub last night singing "Ba ba black sheep" and his version went like this, "one for my la la, one for my maid, and one for the little gril (girl) who lives down the drain".  I thought I was going to lose it! 

No comments: