This pregnancy has had me scared, mostly in just the last few weeks as I get closer and closer to delivery. This time around I know what labor is like, I know how trying a toddler can be, and the thought of a trying toddler AND a baby is sometimes more than I can handle. Fear has gotten a hold on me. It helps to know that SO many women have gone before me, have worried too, yet have handled it well, and have even wanted more children! :) I'm so thankful for good friends who listen and provide encouragement when really needed. Today I received 3 verses from these friends that deal with fear:
Zeph 3:17 For the Lord your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty Savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song.
Isaiah 41:10 Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
1 John 4:17-18 By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment' because as He is, so also are we in this world. There is no fear in love' but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.
I especially like the first two verses! I think I need to work on memorizing them for the big day. I think I should also look up some verses on annoyance as I just watched a big ole ant walk the wall in front of me and it's the 6th or 7th one today! :)
On another encouraging note, the doctor said yesterday that she thinks I'm about a week out from delivery. Let's hope she's right, there's far too many fun things to do these next couple of weeks that I really don't want to miss out on by being in the hospital!
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment