Last night we were at some friends' house and they had a wooden train set. Some may know that I'm ALWAYS looking for the toy that will keep Caleb busy for even a short period of time and something that he'll play with more than once. Well, I'm hopeful that the train set could be it. It was SO fun to sit and just watch him play - I can't even begin to tell you the feeling. Just to see him focus on something and it hold his attention, it's just ...well.....priceless. So, of course, I've been on ebay trying to find the best deal. My friend was able to give me a pretty good idea on the usual cost for these trains and sets (YIKES) so I'm hoping I can just run across a deal of a lifetime so if it works, GREAT, if not....no great loss. I haven't exactly run my great idea by Jason yet - the man who already thinks Caleb has way too many toys - so we'll see. I think I'm able to justify this future purchase because most everything he has was a gift or bought at a garage sale. So, thankfully, we haven't spent a whole lot on him in that regard.
In other news, Jason threw a huge 30th birthday surprise party for me on Friday night! What an amazing husband! I had absolutely no clue whatsoever and was completely surprised. It was a get-together (for a church event) that was already planned but he invited even more special people, decorations, cake, and the works! My actual birthday isn't until the 28th - so I'm not technically old yet - but now, in case I have the baby any day now, I won't miss my own party! He just thinks of everything :) Thanks, J. You're the best!
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment