Ok, so he's actually been here for a week and 1/2 but I'm finally getting a chance to blog about it. Javin (pronounced with the "a" like action not with an "a" like Jason) David was born Friday, June 29th at 12:10 pm. For those of you who were praying that I wouldn't have to have Pitocin, THANK YOU! I actually went in to labor on my own and arrived at the hospital around 5:45 am......a little earlier than the scheduled time of 7:30 ~ the time I was to be induced. All went very well, much better than with Caleb. My epidural took and my labor nurse was awesome, both major answers to prayer! Jason got the 24 hour flu on Saturday morning so he went home and then returned on Sunday mid morning, but other than that things went well. Caleb even went potty in Grandma's potty chair while I was in the hospital! Don't worry, we're not actually doing any potty training right now - I can't imagine trying to take that on at this point.
Today is my first day home all by myself all day with the boys. It's been good, mostly because Caleb slept in until almost 9, but boy is it hard work! This week should be interesting. Caleb has done better so far than expected and for that I am thankful. Just one day....or maybe one hour at a time.
Last night was the best night so far in terms of sleep. I think I got almost 6 hours of sleep! Yeah!!! I'm fearing the worst right now as Javin has been sleeping most of the day away and it's 2:45. Yikes. I'm trying to wake him up but he's pretty much dead to the world! He's either sleeping or crying and ready to be fed. He seems to really like to be held so Jason and I have joked that if we want him to wake up all we need to do is put him down.
Ok, i better hurry up and post this or it will be another week and 1/2 before it gets done.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congratulations! Yay! I can't wait to see pictures.
I'm glad you didn't need the Pitocin and everything went smoothly.
Thanks for the update. I'm sure your really busy with two now.
Krista L.
Congratulations, Sarah! I've always liked the the name--a swimmer friend of mine had a brother named Javan (pronounced the same).
Welcome to the world little Javin! Be a sweet boy to your Mommy and sleep a lot at night. Great to catch up with you at the Balloon Glow Sarah. Hope we'll see you at the park when you venture out later this summer. Kerstin (Hank & Haddie's Mom)
pictures! Pictures! Isn't 2 a bit crazy?
CONGRATULATIONS! Love the name!
Post a Comment